Reading the TRC » TRC Resources
If you have been affected by any of the issues raised in the reading of this document, please find below information on organisations in Canada and Ireland that may be able to assist you.
Support for Residential School Survivors and their Families:
24-hour crisis line for residential school survivors: 1 (866) 925-4419
First Nations & Inuit Hope for Wellness, 24/7 Help Line: 1 (855) 242-3310
The Indian Residential School Survivors Society toll free line: 1 (800) 721-0066
- Alberta: 1 (888) 495-6588
- British Columbia: 1 (877) 477-0775
- Territories: 1 (800) 464-8106
- Manitoba: 1 (866) 818-3505
- Saskatchewan: 1 (866) 250-1529
- Ontario: 1 (888) 301-6426
- Quebec: 1 (877) 583-2965
- Atlantic Provinces: 1 (866) 414-8111
Crisis Services Canada: 1-833-456-4566 or text 45645
Kids Help Phone: 1-800-668-6868
Native Youth Crisis Hotline: 1-877-209-1266
Longstanding & trusted, Samaritans volunteers provide confidential support, befriending and listening to those in personal crisis, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. 21 branches across Ireland. Also provide a Self-Help App. to keep track of feelings, get coping recommendations & to stay safe in a crisis.
- Helpline: Freephone 116 123 (callers from Rep of Ireland & N Ireland)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Rep. of Ire) email@example.com (N Ire) email response issues within 24 hours)
- Web: samaritans.org
Confidential messaging support service providing immediate support for anyone going through a mental health or emotional crisis – big or small. Crisis Volunteers are available 24/7 for anonymous text conversations.
- Text 3TS to 50808 to start the conversation;
- Available every day 24 hours a day;
- Standard message rates apply.
Suicide support service – free helpline & face to face counselling support. For information & branches nationwide, see pieta.ie
- Helpline (24hr): 1800 247 247
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: pieta.ie
Depression & Bipolar Disorder Support
Tel: Freephone 1800 80 48 48 (available 7 days, 10am-10pm).